3.5 lbs boneless pork shoulder
3.5 teaspoons Kosher salt
3.5 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons olive oil
1. Cut the pork into 1.5-inch cubes and place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Top the pork with the salt and oregano.
3. Cover, turn the heat to low, and cook 5 – 6 hours. The whole house will smell wonderfully of pork and the top of the cooker will just start to bubble. Now is the time to check for doneness. Using a slotted spoon, pull out one piece of pork and “cut” it with the same spoon. It should come apart easily, but still be lightly pink in the center.
4. When the pork is done, remove from the cooker to a plate using a slotted spoon and let cool. Discard the fat.
5. Using your fingers, shred the pork meat. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat and saute the pork to reheat and crisp the edges, about 4 – 5 minutes.
Serve with corn tortillas, salsa, and guacamole.