1 cup white rice (or basmati)
1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
1 Small yellow onion, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons curry powder
½ cup plain yogurt
¾ cup heavy cream
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 can diced tomatoes, drained (optional)
1 pound chicken (or meat from rotisserie), sliced, diced, or shredded
¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
1. Cook the rice according to package directions.
2. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally for 7 minutes.
3. Sprinkle with the curry powder and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
4. Add the yogurt and cream and simmer gently for 3 minutes. Stir in the salt, pepper, and tomatoes. Remove from heat.
5. Divide the rice and chicken among individual bowls, spoon the sauce over the top, and sprinkle with the cilantro.
Adapted from Real Simple Magazine